Chicken with spaghetti
- 1 chicken cut into even portions
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of fresh butter
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 800 g finely chopped tomatoes
- 100 g grated Mizithra cheese
- 1 stick of fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 500 g spaghetti No 3
- freshly ground pepper
- Wash the chicken portions, dry them, apply salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil and brown the chicken.
- Add the onions. Continue browning for 3′-4′.
- Pour the tomatoes and a little bit of warm water and simmer for 1 hour and 15 ‘.
- At the end of boiling, add cinnamon, rosemary, the bay leaf, salt and pepper. Leave the herbs for the last 10 minutes to flavor the sauce. Remove them afterwards.
- Boil the spaghetti and drain them.
- Pour some melted butter into them. Mix well.
- Serve the spaghetti with the chicken pieces on top.
- Sprinkle with Mizithra cheese or grated Kefalotyri cheese.
Serve the chicken and spaghetti with red wine.